Kale and Quinoa Crunch Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
This kale salad is anything but boring. Cashews and sliced almond add a great crunch and dried cranberries add just a touch of sweetness. This salad is healthy and super satisfying on its own or top with chicken or salmon if you prefer.
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 cups lacinato kale, sliced in ¼ inch ribbons
- ½ cup yellow pepper, small dice
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Champagne Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- Bring one cup of water to a boil add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low.
- While the quinoa is cooking make your dressing. Wisk all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl.
- Into a large bowl pour vinaigrette on top of sliced kale. Toss to coat kale completely with dressing. When quinoa has absorbed the water, remove from heat and add to the bowl with kale. You should have about one cup of cooked quinoa. Toss to combine. The warm quinoa will help to soften the raw kale.
- Add in the peppers, cranberries, almonds, and cashews and toss together.
- Top with shaved parmesan.