Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Salad with Israeli Couscous
We are savoring the last bits of sweet summer peaches by grilling them to intensify their flavor. The saltiness of prosciutto di Parma and the peppery bite of arugula is the perfect balance of flavors. Great as a side dish or as a light meal.
- 3 peaches pitted and halved
- 11/2 cups of cooked Israeli couscous
- 6 ounces of fresh arugula
- 4 ounces of prosciutto di Parma
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Honey Vinegarette
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium/ high heat (about 400)
- Cook Israeli couscous according to packaging, should take about ten minutes for al dente
- Meanwhile, whisk together all ingredients for the Honey Vinegarette and set aside
- When the couscous is done remove from heat and stir in two tablespoons of the honey vinegarette dressing to keep from sticking together. Set aside to cool.
- Place the peaches on the oiled grilled cut side down. Grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and begin to assemble the salad.
- On a large platter or bowl, add arugula and toss with the remaining dressing.
- Top the arugula with grilled peaches, couscous, prosciutto di Parma slices and slivered almond.