Grilled Corn and Jicama Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
There is nothing better than sweet corn in the summer and this salad is the perfect dish to highlight one of summers best ingredients. A great make ahead side for your next BBQ or Taco Tuesday. It's seriously addictive!
Yields: 8 servings as a side
- 2 cups of jicama diced
- 4 ears of corn, husk, and silks removed
- ½ jalapeno minced, seeds removed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 cup of queso fresco
Honey Lime Dressing:
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice + zest from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped + extra for garnish
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium
- Place corn directly on the grill turning frequently until slightly charred on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Once the corn is cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board and carefully cut the corn off of the cobb. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- To the bowl add diced jicama, avocado, jalepeno, scallion and queso fresco.
- In a small bowl add all ingredients for the dressing and whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over the corn and jicama salad and gently toss to combine.