This simple and delicious banana bread recipe is easily adaptable to your preference. Some of our favorite add-ins are walnuts and chocolate chips. Perfect for brunch or for a sweet treat.
Recipe type: Brunch
Yields: 1 loaf
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven at 350 and position the rack in the center of your oven.
- In a mixing bowl, mash together the bananas using a fork until smooth
- Add in the melted butter, eggs and vanilla, stir to combine. Make sure that your butter is cooled before adding into the mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula mix in the brown and white sugar, cinnamon and combine.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 4x8 loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let slightly cool before removing from the pan and placing on a cooling rack.
- Serve with a pad of butter and a drizzle of honey.