Almond Coconut Granola
Homemade granola is a perfect healthy breakfast or snack option. This is simple to make and contains much less sugar than store bought. You can easily adapt this recipe to add in your favorite toppings such as chocolate chips or dried fruit.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 cups of old fashion rolled oats
- 2 cups raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 11/4 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven at 325 and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat gently stir together honey, maple syrup, and coconut oil until melted.
- Once combined remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Pour liquid mixture over the rolled oats and use a large spoon to combine, coating the oats and almonds completely.
- Spread an even layer onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove from the oven and gently fold in the coconut flakes.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before gently breaking up into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks