Spicy Salsa Verde
This salsa is seriously addictive! Bright and flavorful with just the right amount of kick. It comes together super quickly and makes a large amount, perfect for your next party or family dinner. You can easily adjust the spice level to your preference.
Recipe type: Salsa
Yields: 3½ cups
- 1½ lbs of tomatillo
- 3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 cup of white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Anaheim chili ( or Poblano)
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice + zest of one lime
- 1½ teaspoons of fine sea salt
- Turn oven broiler on high
- Remove husks from tomatillos and rinse.
- Place tomatillos, garlic, Anaheim and Jalapeno pepper on a baking sheet and place under broiler for 7-8 minutes until slightly charred.
- When cool enough to handle, remove stems from both peppers and skins from garlic.
- Place tomatillos, garlic, peppers, onion, cilantro, lime juice, zest and salt into a blender and blend until pureed.
- Enjoy with your favorite chips or tacos
If you like your food milder remove the seeds from the peppers before adding to the blender. You can substitute Poblano Chilis for the Anaheim.
Leave a Reply